Saturday, July 18, 2009

Inching towards wider than tall...

Many of you will notice a new poll on the blog. I figured at 6 months it was time to let everyone make a guess as to how close my height to width ratio is becoming! I even posted a new picture below to give you a few hints. And yes, this is the same shirt from the 12 week photos. Let’s see if it lasts the whole pregnancy. Ha ha.


I know it’s been a while since I posted, but the last few weeks have been relatively uneventful. Most days I feel pretty good, although, I still have some occassional bouts of nausea. We next go to the doctor on Monday, for the 24 week appointment, so hopefully we’ll have more information then.
I have definitely felt more kicking lately, but not predictable enough for Robert to know when to try to feel the belly as well. We're going to start playing music more consistently, in hopes we find something that the baby really likes. Any suggestions???

3 comments:

  1. It will be some time before Robert gets to feel the kicks; those little devils KNOW when you are trying to get someone else to feel it, I swear! I'd say, "She's kicking!" and by the time the hand was on the belly, nothing.
    We didn't do the music thing; studies aren't conclusive as to whether it helps, but since she was born, Olivia has appeared to like classical (which we play in her room at feedings and other times) as well as big band/swing. I play everything for her, though. She has quite a few toys that play different classical music pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This may sound weird coming from a 21-year-old, but I used to work at a second-hand kids clothing store back in Tempe and the most soothing music was classical. Anything in the Baby Einstein line of music (Baby Mozart, Baby Bach, etc.) is super calming and were very popular. The songs on the CDs are not the crazy super instrumental masterpieces, but toned down a lot. I would listen to them even now! I know it may not be the most interesting music ever, but classical music definitely has a place in my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with both the comments about the kicking and the classical music. I felt Gabe kick all the time, but the second anyone else tried to feel him, he would stop. People said that it is because the baby can feel the warmth from the hand and will therefore calm down. The warm hands on the tummy relaxes the baby. I did find that if people had really cold hands that they could sometimes feel him move. Also, I did play a lot of music for Gabe by using a fetal microphone system (we also talked to him and the cats purred for him). I really do think it made a difference. He really enjoyed classical music when he was inside me and he still loves classical music. He calms down whenever he hears it. He also definitely recognized certain voices and the cats instantly after he was born. So I really believe that stuff works.

    ReplyDelete