Monday, May 4, 2009

On my way to being wider than I am tall...

For everyone who has been waiting to see how quickly I would pop out - the answer was quickly, very quickly. So, as promised, here are pictures of me and the baby at the end of the first trimester.

I made the mistake of shopping for maternity clothes before the morning sickness really kicked in and I lost weight. These jeans fit great around the belly, but are falling off everywhere else. I imagine someday once I start gaining baby weight, I'll grow into them. But, I wanted to find an outfit that would grow with me so I could have the same clothes on for each picture. After 3 oddly blob-like ultrasounds, we finally arrived at week 12, which is apparently when the baby acutally starts looking like a baby. Here is our little cashew. At the visit where this was taken, we got to hear the heartbeat for the first time and see the baby move about. The little one reacted to my belly laughs by dancing about (ok, so maybe it was more like flailing the arms about, but I'm going with dancing), so hopefully that is a sign we have a future dancer.






Flailing my arms about












2 comments:

  1. So, you're saying that you have a Tiny Dancer right now? Hahahahahahahaha! Damn, I'm funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nina! What a great idea to blog your pregnancy. Very helpful to those of us who live far but would like to be a part of all your suffering... I mean, joy. :) Looks like a great baby to me, and dancer- well of course! We called Caitlin "the little bean" for the longest time, then we did pick out names, and then I decided that I needed to find out boy or girl because I wanted to know exactly who was in there! Anyway, thank you for sharing- can't wait to see the progress.
    Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete