Saturday, April 25, 2009

Still waiting for the elusive glory of the 2nd trimester

I am beginning to wonder if what they say about the end of the first trimester is true - that it ends! We are nearing the end of week 12, and I can't say that I'm feeling much better most of the time. I get an occassional good few hours, but definitely have not woken up feeling the best I've ever felt. ha.

Things I've learned while pregnant:
  • My hair is actually more gray than brown
  • My hair grows about an inch per month
  • If you take a benedryl each night, it becomes a less effective sleep aid
  • If vitamins made you sick before you were pregnant, they will make you sick while pregnant
  • The desire to cook is greatly diminished when you have no sense of smell

For those wondering, no, we still haven't started thinking about names.

However, next week, we'll be finishing up the first trimester and I will be able to do fantastic things like get a massage, color my hair, and really return to my exercise regimen (such that it is). So, we'll try and take some pictures of the bump soon, and post them up here.

1 comment:

  1. Just remember that when getting massages, the calves are completely off limits until you are past the 36 week mark. While it's really too early, that is the part of the body to which the reproductive organs are tied, and women have gone into labor when their calves were massaged. Other than that - go nuts!
    Oh, and I didn't feel better until the end of trimester 2. Sorry to pee in your cheerios.

    ReplyDelete