Thursday, May 14, 2009

Our Little Health Nut

Week 15 - Things are Looking Up

I am finally starting to have some days where I am feeling pretty great. However, I have concluded that our little Cashew really doesn't like the unhealthy food. Things the baby does not like:
  • French Fries
  • Onion Rings
  • Tater Tots
Any of these are items guaranteed to set me back a few steps in the progress of feeling better.

We took our first serious trips to the baby stores this past weekend to register. I thought building a wedding registry was hard, but I was mistaken. That was nothing, at least I knew what all of those things do! Thankfully, we had Amy (a mother of three kids herself) with us to help us know what items you really need vs the things the baby stores think you need. I'm sure this was great entertainment for her. The bright spot of the day was that we somehow managed to pick out a nursery theme faster than we were able to pick out china when we got married. I'm not entirely sure exactly what this says about us.

I learned, however, at the end of the day, Babies R Us is not as evil as I once thought. While I think the light inside is designed to give you a headache, we found that they had most things we had been looking for, and were even cheaper than Target for many things. Not that I'm anxious to head back, but I no longer consider them the work of the devil. I think the key is short visits with a limited shopping list.

No comments:

Post a Comment