Thursday, August 27, 2009

2 down, 288 to go

OK, so, maybe pricking my finger for blood sugar monitoring was not as bad as I feared. I'm sure I will continue to have a little hesitation, but it will definitely be managable. I have concluded, however, that the nutritionist is a little crazy. I received the meal plan today, and there is NO way I can consume the amount of food they prescribe in one day. First, in order to have the required servings of milk they want you to have when you are pregnant, I have to have it with lunch or dinner. But, here's my challenge, a glass of milk fills me up, almost like a full meal. So, if I drink the milk, I'm almost full by the time I'm only partway through dinner! Same thing with fruit.

The good news is that my numbers are looking good with the diet thus far, so I'm hopeful that this will be easy to keep in check. Then, I'll only have to worry about a large baby because it runs in Robert's family!

No comments:

Post a Comment