Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Snowmaggedon 2011

Last week's snow storm is the perfect example of first time parent syndrome attacks. Thursday afternoon Robert and Casey made it safely home around 3:30 pm, before the massive commute disaster occured. We were tucked in safely for the night, just waiting for the snow to begin, foolishly thinking that the snow would come and the roads would be clear in the morning to get Casey to daycare.



Silly us, things were going fine until 7:30 when we heard a HUGE explosion and saw red light reflecting in the snow falling outside. Then, the power went out. And stayed out.



First time mom here decided it was time to panic! I wasn't worried about how cold I would be during the night, but how Casey would manage. So, after much panic, and no news of when we would get power, we cozied Casey into footed fleece pajamas, covered him with a blanket, and put him to bed.



3am rolls around, and I wake up. Note: Casey did not wake me up, I woke up on my own, stressed out. I went in to check in on him, since well, the condo was getting chilly. He was still covered by the blanket and sleeping soundly. So, I tried to go back to sleep. And tossed, and turned, and tossed and turned. I finally got back to sleep around 5am. At 6am, when Casey woke up, we still had no power, BUT, daycare was open as the roads had cleared up. So, we decided to pack everyone up and go to Robert's office where we could all work, and Casey could go to daycare.



And, Casey, warm and snug as a bug in his footed jammers. His face and hands were nice and warm. He, however, was cranky that there was no light and couldn't have his morning books. So, he got a great night's sleep and I stayed up tossing and turning. Silly, silly me.



Our power came on in time for us to head home for the night and give us a chance to break out our inflatable sled for Casey. Here's a video of him "sledding" in the snow outside our house.


No comments:

Post a Comment