Tuesday, June 2, 2009

The Promised Land

End of Week 18

Well, after much anticipation, the days of feeling better have finally arrived. Knock on wood, I have gone almost 2 full weeks without nausea! I had almost forgotten what it feels like to be truly hungry. It is great to have an appetite again. Fruits and vegetables are still my favorite foods, and I really haven't had any new cravings, but I at least have wanted to eat like a regular human being.

We have finished the first "getting ready for baby" exercise. We built our new desk in the living room and have rearranged. Somehow, in the phenomenon that is interior design, we have added a full size desk and bookshelf to the room, and we now have more space. I'm not entirely sure how this happens, but it is a welcome relief.

I had my first prenatal massage last weekend, and much like other things while pregnant, it's sadly just not the same. They don't massage your feet or hands, really, so you leave feeling like you've missed something. I think the next time I go, I will have them just do intense back/shoulders/head, then I won't feel like it was incomplete. Apparently, certain massage spots can cause early labor, so they avoid them. I think once I hit the 38 week mark, and I'm considered "full term", I will be going for a full hour and half - bring on the labor!

The little cashew likes to hide out whenever I go to the doctor office, making it hard for him to locate the heartbeat on the doppler. This is discouraging, as we are soon to go to our 20 week ultrasound. I am beginning to believe that even though we want to find out the gender, the little cashew may not be so accommodating.

No comments:

Post a Comment